Centaur Carbon Water Filtration | Fleck 2510 Auto Backwash Centaur Carbon Filter 1.0 Cu Ft.
Centaur Carbon Water Filtration| Fleck 2510 Auto Backwash Filter Media is a specialized catalytic activated carbon that can be used for the removal of Hydrogen Sulfide and Chloramines. Centaur is a virgin activated carbon that does not rely on metal impregnates to provide catalytic activity. The absorptive pore structure is similar to conventional activated carbon products, however, Centaur is manufactured by a patented process that results in modifying the electronic properties. It has 10 to 100 times more surface sites for electronic transfer and this provides its enhanced catalytic functionality. Centaur promotes a range of chemical reactions where conventional carbons are not effective.
Features and Benefits of Centaur Carbon Water Filtration | Fleck 2510 Auto Backwash Centaur Carbon Filter 1.0 Cu Ft:
- Catalytic Activity – Promotes a wide variety of chemical reactions where conventional carbons are not effective
- Non-Impregnated – Eliminates sates concerns with exotherm, ignition temperature and disposal
- On-Site Regeneration Capability – Reduced operating cost, extended service life
- Thermal Reactivation Option – can be recycled and reused
- High Conversion Rates – Efficient use of reactants
- Simple Equipment design – Handles fluctuating incoming amounts, replacing more costly technologies.
- Faster Chemical Reaction Rates – Reduced carbon requirements, smaller equipment needed
Recycling and Reactivation:
Though CENTAUR is 100-percent freshly manufactured virgin GAC, it can be recycled and reused through thermal reactivation to restore its absorptive capacity. This eliminates the costs and long-term liability associated with the disposal of spent GAC, and provides customers with a consistent, reliable supply of filtration media.