SoftPro® Elite Backwashing Katalox Iron Filter
*Removes high levels of Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide*
- iron up to 10ppm without additional oxidizers. Up to 50ppm with an oxidizer
- removes Manganese up to7ppm
- removes hydrogen sulfide up to 5ppm
- Arsenic removal up to 120ppb (additional requirements needed. Contact us)
- Filtration down to 3 microns
- Katalox is a new brand of revolutionary advanced filtration media completely developed in Germany. It’s composition simply makes it outstanding against the contemporary filter media currently available in the water treatment industry.
- Far exceeds the performance of Birm, Greensand Plus, Manganese Greensand etc.
- Manufactured in Germany.
- Engineered with unique MnO coating technique on ZEOSORB®, providing it light weight, higher filtration surface, more service life and more reliable performance (filtration down to 3micron) than any other existing granular filter media.
- Can be used in numerous system for residential, commercial, industrial and municipal applications worldwide, for High level filtration, color and odor removal, Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen sulfide removal, Zinc, or Copper.
- ANSI/NSF 61 Certified for drinking water applications and has met the ANSI/NSF 372 Lead free compliance.
- High concentration coating of MnO2 on the Katalox surface (10%) is the biggest advantage compared to any similar product available in the market. This makes the oxidation and co-precipitation of contaminants much more effective.
- For removal of very high (over 7ppm) concentration or when organics are present Katalox media requires the use sodium hypochlorite (bleach) as an oxidizer and killing agent, which provides accelerated catalytic oxidation on the surface of the media. A solution tank and conversion kit can be purchased separately.
- Media life averages 8-10 years before replacement is needed.